Thursday 9 August 2012

Meet the Seller: Melina Baby

I would like to introduce you the lovely Melina from Melina Baby. She is a regular of the handmade family. You must check out her gorgous knitted hats and beautiful dresses when you come on Saturday.

1.      Who is Melina Baby?

Me, Melina Amos.

2.      Tell us about your business name?

I couldn’t think of a brand name so thought I’d just use my name. Melina is a Greek name meaning “Honey”

3.      How did you become Melina?

I have always sewed, my mother had her own label and workroom when I was growing up and I wanted to be just like her. I used to make my dolls clothes and some interesting garments for myself. As an adult I started making soft soled leather baby shoes for friends and it all grew from there. I have an addiction to fabric so my little business is a great outlet for me.


4.      What do you make?

Designer children’s wear

5.      What your favourite product and why?

My bamboo cloth nappies. I am really passionate about cloth nappies. I started making nappies when a friend asked me to make some with some changes to what was on the market. When I had my daughter I changed my pattern again because she is quite big and I needed a one size fits all that could fit her past 8 months (none of the other brands did) but would also fit little wee ones. I have had the most amazing reviews and feedback about my nappies.

6.      What inspires you, when you design your products?

Functionality. All my products are beautiful but I wanted each and every one of them to be really useful and I also wanted them to last.

7.      What’s currently on your dining table?

An iron, a cold cup of tea, a sketch book and a draft of my latest pattern – a women’s dress.

8.      Where do you work from?

I do my knitting and designing in the lounge/dining area in front of the telly, I sew in the garage, it’s the biggest room in the house and I don’t have to worry too much about keeping it tidy.

Special Offer

Melina Baby is offering her Boys T-shirts for just $25 for Saturday Market ONLY

You can follow Melina Baby on her Facebook page

Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday 10am til 2pm, Kaurilands School, 109 Atkinson Road, Titirangi 1064

No comments:

Post a Comment