Tuesday 10 July 2012

Meet the Seller: Arcadia


Meet the Seller: Hello Arcadia
Arcadis offer you some of the most amazing organic products you will find. I have rather messy curly hair and have struggled to find a nice serum since coming to New Zealand. Well, Arcadia had this for me... Yeah... and I just loved.... plus it really works!!!!

1.      Who is Arcadia?

Arcadia is me I suppose.  It is my belief that effective, natural skin care should be available to those who need it, without the pharmaceutical side effects and high price-tags.  It is the wonder of nature, and of the powerful healing forces that many plants contain, and their abilities to help our bodies to heal themselves.

I have a Bachelor of Health Science (Comp Med) and Advanced Diplomas in both Medical Herbalism and Naturopathy.  I have used my knowledge to create creams and skin care products that are gentle enough to use on babies, but powerful enough to work quickly and effectively to ease the problem.  I make the creams from raw ingredients from start to finish, and love every minute of it!


2.      Tell us about your business name?

In ancient Greece, Arcadia was both a mythical place of natural beauty and harmony as well as being a real place you could find on a map.   It was a place of connection with nature which experienced bountiful harvests and was said to be a paradise of rolling hills and fertile fields and pastures.

Arcadia fitted perfectly with my vision of all natural, excellent quality and potent creams based on carefully selected herbs, and ethically sourced ingredients.


3.       How did you become Arcadia?

I was mesmerized by the healing power of herbs from a young age and in the time spent studying for my degree I was fascinated by the science, but Arcadia itself was born of my love for my children, and my desire than when they fell over, their scrapes and bruises would be treated with the best Mother Nature had to offer.

It grew organically.  My friends and family began requesting pots, then began placing orders for their friends.  I found there was a real need for effective, ethical and completely natural creams that were affordable for real families.


4.      What do you make or offer?

I hand-make a range of completely natural skin and hair care products, including luxurious soaps.  I have something for everything.  From aches and ails, to weekend pampering.  I’ve got Bach Flowers for mental and emotional upsets, herbal tinctures to heal your body, and a hair care system to treat your soul.


5.      What your favourite product and why?

I like, and use all of my creams, but I’d have to say the one I reach for the most is my Eczema Cream.  It is just so useful in so many situations.  It stops anything itching, heals chapped or cracked patches, cools burnt or inflamed skin, helps take the sting out of scrapes, is anti-bacterial and anti-fungal, and I use it on my red-headed son in place of sun screen.  If I didn’t make it, I honestly don’t know where I would find anything like it.  It certainly is unique and also happens to be my best seller.


6.      What are your products made from?

I knew my creams would only be as effective as the ingredients I used in them, so took pains to make sure the suppliers I chose could be trusted to deliver the best.  My creams are hand made using the cold emulsion method, and contain cold pressed vegetable and nut oils (organic where possible), nut butters, herbal extracts, infusions and essential oils, beeswax and spring water.  As the environment and the planet are very important to me, I made sure that all of the ingredients I use are ethically sourced, and that my packaging is all recyclable.


7.      What’s currently on your dining table?

My dining table is positioned in the hub of my home, so is used as a work-space for the whole family.  Right now there is a colourful child’s drawing with crayons scattered around it, a large glass bowl filled with fruit, and a box filled with my latest order of oils from one of my suppliers, waiting to be put away in my stock cupboard. 

8.      Where do you work from?

I work from home.  I make all of my creams and soaps in my kitchen, and keep my stock and supply of ingredients close at hand.  My pots and containers have been relegated to live in the garage, as I ran out of room in my stock cupboard.  It has been essential that Arcadia fits in with my busy life as a mother of two, so I am so grateful that I can do everything from home.

Come and meet Arcadia and their amazing products this
Saturday 14th July 10am til 2pm
Kaurilands School
Titirangi 1064


Looking forward to an exciting day..... with very talented Aucklanders.

No comments:

Post a Comment